Monday, July 28, 2008

My View Regarding Islam-QA.com

Bismillaahi ar-Rahmaani ar-Raheem.

All praises and thanks are due to Allaah, we seek His Help and we seek his Forgiveness. We seek refuge with Him from the evil of our souls and the evil of our actions. Whosoever Allaah guides then none can misguide him, and whosoever Allaah leaves to stray then none can guide him.

I bear witness that there is none worthy of worship save Allaah, the One Who has no partner, and I bear witness that Muhammad (sallAllaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) is His servant and messenger.

As for what follows:

I received an email from a fellow Salafee brother in UK (which I don't think there's a need to mention his name), advising me against Islam-qa.com, the website attributed to Shaykh Muhammad bin Saalih al-Munajjid.

The advice against the website is on the basis of the statements of Shaykh Ahmad bin Yahyaa an-Najmee rahimahullaah and Shaykh Rabee' ibn Haadee al-Madkhalee hafizahullaah regarding Shaykh al-Munajjid, amongst which Shaykh al-Munajjid is described as close to the way of the Ikhwaanees, that he is Surooree, or that he is the head of Qutubiyyah.

So I say, Wallaahu a'lam, this matter is beyond my knowledge, and I appreciate the sincerity of the brother in advising me, for he would like me to be on righteousness and the correct path just as much as he like it for himself, in line with the hadeeth,

"None of you believes until he loves for his brother what he loves for himself." (Bukhaaree & Muslim)

May Allaah bless the brother for this.

However, I'd like to explain my view and position regarding Islam-qa.com

I find that the site is filled with explanations on the different aspects of the Deen, with evidences from the Qur'aan and Sunnah. The site also makes great effort in quoting the statements of scholars of the past and present, including the Kibaar al-'Ulamaa', the likes of Shaykh 'Abdul-'Azeez ibn 'Abdullaah ibn Baaz, Shaykh Muhammad ibn Saalih al-'Uthaymeen and others, not forgetting the statements of Lajnah Daa'imah.

It is due to this that I post articles from the site, to benefit from the statements of the scholars. And hardly do we find an article solely by Shaykh al-Munajjid himself.

Even if the article is "signed off" by Islam Q&A, as from what I know, the site has its own committee that maintains it.

Thus, my position is that I will continue to post articles from the site for the benefit that I have stated above.

With regards to Shaykh al-Munajjid, whether he is Surooree or Qutbee or Ikhwaanee, I am in no position to give any say but I will quote from Imaam Maalik who said:

"The statement of any person can be accepted or rejected except the statement of the occupant of this tomb." And he pointed to the tomb of the Prophet sallAllaahu 'alayhi wa sallam.

What is in accordance to the Sunnah, we shall take it and what is not in accordance to the Sunnah, we shall leave it.

Wallaahu a'lam

No comments: