Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Goodbye Mainland Singapore... Hello Tekong! [17 Days to go...]

Some of you might be surprised by this entry.. Farhan rarely blogs about personal stuff.. However, this one is different.. it's personal but contains beneficial points, insha-Allah.

Well.. as the title says, yup.. i'm enlisted in the Army for my National Service (NS) on 14 March..

Some might complain... "why must we serve NS?"

Some see it as a waste of time.. but i beg to differ.. now you're complaining.. 2 years later, we shall see what you have to say..

All the physical training, discipline, etc.. at the end of the day, it's for our own good..

We've had 18 to 20 years of good life in Singapore, since we were born.. and will continue to have a good life here for many, many years to come..

So is it too much for the government to ask for 2 years of our lives?

As for me, I'll go thru it with open arms.. i know it'll be for my own good..

I only ask Allah to save my beard, and save my Deen.. let me be a good practising Muslim.. For a good Muslim is a good citizen..

And ya.. that will also mean i'll be MIA in multiply for quite some time..

No comments: